Complete Outfitting for your Canoe Trip
"We’ll provide the canoes, food, and equipment. You just bring your personal stuff."
Ely outfitters, Piragis Northwoods Company is one of the oldest, most respected Boundary Waters outfitters. We're happy to help you plan and outfit your next Boundary Waters canoe trip. From Boundary Waters permits to food, we have you covered.
Piragis Northwoods believes that you should have the best gear for your Quetico or Boundary Waters canoe trip. With this package, we take the worry away from trip preparation. We feature top-notch, ultra-light camping equipment from the most respected brands. Our equipment is guaranteed to be in excellent condition because we get new gear every year. No confusing charts or alternate packages; we do all the packing and you get the finest food and equipment at one package price without the headaches.
We thank you for choosing us to be your outfitter for your adventure in the wilderness. You'll find that our service, gear, and food are the best around. You will not be disappointed. In addition to our excellent service and equipment, we are happy to give you the following to show our appreciation for being a part of the Piragis Northwoods family and using our Full Outfitting package.
- One set of maps for the group.
- Each person gets a 32oz Nalgene bottle to take home.
- Each person gets a 15oz insulated GSI camp cup to take home.
- 10% off in our store, catalog, or at www.boundarywaterscatalog.com
- Tons of great memories from choosing us as your outfitter.
**Youth Discount: $100/youth/day
Full Outfitting Includes:
- Ultra-light Kevlar canoes
- Top-notch gear designed for canoe camping - NEMO, Big Agnes, Cooke Custom Sewing, Granite Gear, MSR, and more
- Delicious camp food with a customizable menu made by you
- Expert trip planning and routing advice
- Hot Shower when you return
- See the full list of equipment below
Contact Drew, Adam. or Tim Barton With Questions:
Items Included with Full Outfitting
Sleep Systems & Shelter
- Big Agnes & NEMO Sleeping Bags (Warm, clean, and comfy.)
- Big Agnes Two Track or NEMO Astro Sleeping Pads
- Therm-a-Rest Camp Pillow
- NEMO, Big Agnes, and Klymit Tents (Ultra-light backpacking models, comes with a ground cloth and rainfly.)
- CCS Ultralight Tarp with cord (1.1 oz Silnylon Tarp)
On the water
- Ultra-Light Kevlar Canoes with yoke pads (Wenonah & Northstar) – 44lbs. The entire fleet is new each year! See our Rental Fleet.
- Your choice of Wenonah Carbon Bent Shaft, Bending Branches Bent Shaft or Bending Branches Straight Shaft Paddles. (Includes a spare.)
- MTI Java PFDs
- Crazy Creek Canoe Seats (Great for in camp too!)
- MSR Windpro II Camp Stoves with Fuel (Stove weighs only 6.6 oz.)
- Two-burner Camp Stove with Fuel (Great for large groups.)
- Stainless Steel GSI Cook Set (Includes pot grip.)
- Griddles and Fry Pans
- Aluminum Foil
- CCS Utensil Roll
- Utensils (Forks, spoons, knives, plates, measuring cups, bowls, serving spoons, spatula)
- Hot Drinks Mug
- Water Bottles (Yours to keep after the trip!)
- Stainless Steel Coffee Pot or GSI Coffee Press
- Folding Water Bucket (Perfect for doing dishes.)
- Biodegradable Dish Soap and Scrubbie
- Food Hanging System
Delicious Camp Food
We believe every great Quetico and Boundary Waters canoe trip deserves great food. We have many delicious, easy to prepare, fresh food menu options, supplemented by our favorite lightweight camping meals from Backpacker's Pantry and Minnesota's own Cache Lake Foods. We pack generous portions, but also work with you to make sure you are not carrying too much bulk. Our menu is fully customizable and we'll do our best to accommodate special requests. Gluten-Free and Vegetarian options available and happily accommodated.
Other Camp Essentials
- Pack Saw
- Pack Towel
- Boat Tape (Tougher and stickier than regular duct tape.)
- Toilet Paper
- Hand Sanitizer
- Garbage Bags and extra Ziplocs
- Matches and Lighters
- Cook Grate and Trowel (Quetico)